My New Favorite Bible Reading iOS App...

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

My New Favorite Bible Reading iOS App...

Timchambers
This is now moved to be my favorite Bible reading App...clean, simple and does not clutter the app with other "features" or noise.

http://www.neubible.co/

And they do include the NET Bible and the original ASV. And here is what they say on translation support:

We believe NeuBible to be the absolute best way to read the Bible on your phone, and having your preferred translation available is as important to that experience as any feature or design detail will ever be. That said, what most people may not know is that licensing can be an involved and, well, expensive process. Most translations have different publishers with different royalty and licensing requirements in place. We are extremely dedicated to bringing you as many translations as possible, in as timely a fashion as we can, and as such, as NeuBible continues to be downloaded and grow, we will be providing regular updates to bring those to you in the app.

I'll reach out and see if they would consider the OEB... but their contact info is:

contact@neubible.co

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: My New Favorite Bible Reading iOS App...

russellallen
Administrator
Cool, that is a nice app.
Let me know how you go contacting them. If they’re interested I’d be happy to help with interfacing to their system.
Russell


On 1 May 2016, at 5:38 AM, Timchambers [via Open English Bible] <[hidden email]> wrote:

This is now moved to be my favorite Bible reading App...clean, simple and does not clutter the app with other "features" or noise.

http://www.neubible.co/

And they do include the NET Bible and the original ASV. And here is what they say on translation support:

We believe NeuBible to be the absolute best way to read the Bible on your phone, and having your preferred translation available is as important to that experience as any feature or design detail will ever be. That said, what most people may not know is that licensing can be an involved and, well, expensive process. Most translations have different publishers with different royalty and licensing requirements in place. We are extremely dedicated to bringing you as many translations as possible, in as timely a fashion as we can, and as such, as NeuBible continues to be downloaded and grow, we will be providing regular updates to bring those to you in the app.

I'll reach out and see if they would consider the OEB... but their contact info is:

[hidden email]




If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.openenglishbible.org/My-New-Favorite-Bible-Reading-iOS-App-tp592.html
To start a new topic under Open English Bible, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Open English Bible, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: My New Favorite Bible Reading iOS App...

Timchambers
Here was their lastest:

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 3:59 PM Kory Westerhold <contact@neubible.co> wrote:

    Hey Tim,

    Thanks for writing. Sorry I didn't get back to you a couple weeks ago—we were pretty neck deep in getting ready to launch on iPad.

    I'm not sure of our roadmap for translations, but the OEB looks promising, and we'll definitely keep it near the top of the list!

    All the best,
    Kory


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: My New Favorite Bible Reading iOS App...

russellallen
Administrator
Well that’s better than a ‘no’ - thanks for trying :)

I suspect that we will have better results when we get the full OT up and running which I’m determined to do this year!

Russell


On 17 May 2016, at 3:58 AM, Timchambers [via Open English Bible] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Here was their lastest:

On Sat, May 14, 2016 at 3:59 PM Kory Westerhold <[hidden email]> wrote:

    Hey Tim,

    Thanks for writing. Sorry I didn't get back to you a couple weeks ago—we were pretty neck deep in getting ready to launch on iPad.

    I'm not sure of our roadmap for translations, but the OEB looks promising, and we'll definitely keep it near the top of the list!

    All the best,
    Kory





If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.openenglishbible.org/My-New-Favorite-Bible-Reading-iOS-App-tp592p601.html
To start a new topic under Open English Bible, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Open English Bible, click here.
NAML

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: My New Favorite Bible Reading iOS App...

Timchambers
I do think that is likely so... and think that reaching out to the best mobile App developers like this is a good route to go, esp once that is in place!
Loading...