3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

New development build

russellallen
Administrator
I'm still going through comments, but I've put up a new development build anyway to test the new HTML builder. I've only built HTML, not text.

http://openenglishbible.org/oeb/2013.D4/

Hover or click on the green OEB for either browsing or jumping to a verse.

Any feedback on the html and how to make it better would be great!

Russell
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: New development build

Brian J. Henry
It looks good on the desktop. On my phone, it looks really great until I open the nav box. It stretches the page, covers the top part of the text, and it won't go back away if you click it. On my kindle, the text is way too small, and the nav box is a complete pain to use. Sometimes it won't even open, and when it does you have to zoom in to click a link, but then it repositions itself after you zoom.

Maybe the nav box would be better as something that pulls down from the top, rather than something that hovers. The search box is a really nice touch!
Reply | Threaded
|  

Re: New development build

russellallen
Administrator
I tried to fix the phone version but had problems with getting the popup to adjust properly.

So I've just made it so that when it is on phone it becomes a link to the index page, which is a table of contents.

Now a phone is currently a device with <500px screen width, but this may not cover all phones.

I've uploaded to the same url: openenglishible.org/oeb/2013.D4/

Russell

On 13/10/2013, at 12:30 PM, Brian J. Henry [via Open English Bible] <[hidden email]> wrote:

It looks good on the desktop. On my phone, it looks really great until I open the nav box. It stretches the page, covers the top part of the text, and it won't go back away if you click it. On my kindle, the text is way too small, and the nav box is a complete pain to use. Sometimes it won't even open, and when it does you have to zoom in to click a link, but then it repositions itself after you zoom.

Maybe the nav box would be better as something that pulls down from the top, rather than something that hovers. The search box is a really nice touch!

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.openenglishbible.org/New-development-build-tp202p203.html
To start a new topic under Open English Bible, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Open English Bible, click here.
NAML