Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Preparing for the next release

russellallen
Administrator
Hi all,

Now we have a build process, we should do a release :)

The plan is to do a release with the books we’ve currently marked as being part of the release, which is Ruth, Esther, most of the minor prophets (except Amos), Psalms and of course the NT.

I will do the release come hell or high water on 1 June, so if you see some big showstopping issue (like this, for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wicked_Bible :) then let me know!

The release should be 2016.1 - we should also give it a tag! The last release we dedicated to Julia E Smith, who was the first women to translate the entire Bible into English. 

Any suggestions for a suitable person to dedicate this release to?  

My suggestion is Konrad Sweynheym and Arnold Pannartz, who were the first printers (in around 1470) to print a Bible in Roman text and not Blackletter.  Better reading through technology :) (though they did go broke…)

Russell

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: Preparing for the next release

Timchambers
Thanks Russel: Great news on the new release....and very cool to see the OT fleshing out.

Regarding the NT: I did some work on suggested fixes in the past on the smaller non-Pauline episteles: 2nd Peter, Jude, etc...as well as a word study on all the uses of "soul" -- did some version of those make it into the last revision? I'm not sure if they did yet....

And love the idea of dedicating to Sweynheym and Pannartz.