Reply – Re: Reading interface
Your Name
Subject
In Reply To
Re: Reading interface
— by russellallen russellallen
Hey Peter,
Any help especially from a pro would be great :)
Longer term I’ve been wondering if it would be possible to leverage it into an Android/iOS app as well.
There are a number of great apps out there but few that are open to us and are also focused on reading, as opposed to verse by verse study.

Russell

PS Daycast looks cool, congrats

On 15 Jan 2019, at 3:29 am, peter [via Open English Bible] <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi Russell!

I am sorely tempted to volunteer to help with the reading interface (adding polish & better mobile support), but I have another project that I need to finish before I can commit, and even then I would only be able to commit to an hour or two a week, so I don't have a ton of availability.

If someone else steps forward & is able to help immediately, please don't wait for me to become available. But I did want to let you know that I am a big fan of the OEB project and very appreciative of your efforts. I started working on a "Millennial Translation" of the gospel of Mark based on the OEB (making it more dynamic and readable, aimed at a YA reading level), but I had to put that on pause before I got very far due to other projects.

I am a professional software developer and have been working primarily with client-side web technologies for almost two decades. I'm the lead developer of Daycast (daycast.com; it's a desktop app, but is built with web technologies via Electron).

-- Peter Rust

On Sun, Jan 13, 2019 at 8:29 PM russellallen [via Open English Bible] <<a href="x-msg://1/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=792&amp;i=0" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi guys,

This mentions a revision of the ‘reading’ interface for the OEB which I’ve done some improvements to.

This really needs someone with good CSS/JS skills to take to the next level - if anyone here is willing and able please let me know!

Cheers Russell

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.openenglishbible.org/Reading-interface-tp791.html
To start a new topic under Open English Bible, email <a href="x-msg://1/user/SendEmail.jtp?type=node&amp;node=792&amp;i=1" target="_top" rel="nofollow" link="external" class="">[hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Open English Bible, click here.
NAML

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:
http://forum.openenglishbible.org/Reading-interface-tp791p792.html
To start a new topic under Open English Bible, [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from Open English Bible, click here.
NAML